The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers

Click to Call for Mobile Users - 800-515-0496

Child visitation.

by Anonymous
(Tavares FL )

I was in a previous relationship up until last December. I had my beautiful daughter within that relationship she is now 2. I am a 21 year old male looking to get visitation rights for my daughter. Her mother currently is not answering calls texts etc. I have offered help and all. She is persistent on saying I won't ever see my daughter again. I have never been violent toward her or my daughter. Though I am looking for work I have no job but am currently attending school full time to better my daughters and my future to give her anything she needs. Please let me know my legal stand point I am on her birth certificate and wash her sole provider until her mother and I split up.

Comments for Child visitation.

Click here to add your own comments

Child Visitation
by: Staff FALDP

Hi Anonymous in Tavares,
The process is called: Petition to Determine Paternity and Related Relief. It is like a divorce for people who were never married but have a child together. The outcome will be that you'll receive a court order naming you as the legal father. When filing we suggest that you also file a proposed Parenting Plan which is the schedule of visitation. The petition documents are a set of documents, approximately 6-8 separate documents. The Parenting Plan is lengthy, approximately 17 pages, but worth its weight in gold. The forms are readily available on the Florida Supreme Court's site - You can prepare them yourself or contact one of our document preparers for assistance. 800-515-0496

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.