Find a Legal Document Professional Near You ~ 800-515-0496

Divorce Document Preparation

We know that a divorce is stressful for all involved. That stress combined with the concentration to detail which is required to complete important legal documents -- alone, for the first time -- can be overwhelming. Not everyone can comfortably afford an attorney. A friendly and compassionate legal document preparer who listens, and is familiar with the forms and procedure may be all that you need.

Divorce - No Children, No Property

If a divorcing couple doesn't have children together, and has no property to divide, a couple may have a choice about which forms/ or processes to use. The Petition for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage or the regular Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. The main difference between the two processes is that in the simplified dissolution process, both parties must appear at the final hearing. If one or the other is unable or unwilling to appear at the final hearing, then a simplified dissolution is the wrong choice. We offer document preparation services for the regular petition for dissolution of marriage with no property and no children. We do not offer document preparation for the Simplified Dissolution of Marriage process.

Some of the biggest decisions arise when there are children. Florida has several different processes for dissolution of marriage, depending on the couple's specific circumstances. If there are no children, and no property to divide, the couple may be able to use Florida's simplified process. However, for some, the "simplified" process is more complicated than using a regular petition for dissolution of marriage.

Divorce With Children

The needs of the children should always be held highest when a couple divorces. However, all too often, children are hurt the most. Florida requires both parents to complete a four hour parenting class. Even though, each parent may be an excellent parent, there are new skills and considerations when parents are no longer together.

If a divorcing couple has children in common, issues about child support and child visitation need to be settled. As a matter of public policy courts must uphold the best interests of the child. Florida courts have a strong bias towards awarding shared parental responsibility, so that children have access to both parents. is a DCF-approved provider of an online Parent Education and Family Stabilization course that fulfills State requirements.

 We know how stressful and complicated divorce can be, which is why we’ve made this part of the process as streamlined as possible. Learn vital information to improve your transition into co-parenting without the added stress of attending a Florida parenting class in person.

Register in minutes and start the course right away. You can complete the course at your own pace and when you’re done, instantly print out your official certificate at no extra cost. In addition, a money back guarantee and 24/7 customer support staff ensures your experience is risk-free and simple. Simply click here to get started!

Dividing Property

Florida is what is known as an "equitable distribution" state. Equitable does not mean equal, it means fair. Most property acquired during a marriage is considered "marital property" and, needs to be equitably divided at the time of a divorce.

Some couples want or need a Marital Settlement Agreement to settle and memorialize how their property is to be divided. A marital settlement agreement is usually signed by both parties, and once the divorce is final it becomes part of the final order.

If a divorcing couple has amicably divided their property prior to filing for divorce, then they may not need a Marital Settlement Agreement at all.

We Can Help - Custom Quote

Please complete the form on the right to receive a custom quote and speak with a Florida legal document preparer. Within 24 hours of your "Request for Quote" one of our representatives will contact you by phone and/or email. 

You are also invited to call if you need more information:

Call Now - 800-515-0496 - Toll Free

Our experienced and knowledgeable operators will be pleased to assist you.

Remember - we are not attorneys and do not provide legal advice.

Please browse the questions and answers on our Ask the Members pages. Some of the questions have already been answered. The answers have been asked and answered by consumers and nonlawyers and are not to be considered legal advice. Someone else may have already faced a scenario similar to yours. If you still have questions please do not hesitate to contact us. You are invited to phone us, complete the form below, or post your question on the Q & A. Please browse additional questions and answers on our Asked and Answered divorce pages and for more questions answers about other family matters and pro se issues -  CLICK HERE.

Contact FALDP
Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers

Please note that all fields followed by an asterisk must be filled in.
(Select only one) I am a ...*
Legal Document Preparer
First Name*
Last Name*
E-Mail Address*
Web Site URL
Street Address*
Zip/Postal Code*
Business or Organization
Comments or Questions

Please enter the word that you see below.


Document Preparation Service
Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers

Please note that all fields followed by an asterisk must be filled in.
(Select only one) I am a ...*
You acknowledge that by submitting this form, you are requesting an FALDP member to contact you to offer a quote for document preparation services, via phone and/or email.*
First Name*
Last Name*
E-Mail Address*
Zip/Postal Code*
Home Phone*
Do you have a preference for ...*
Virtual Services
Face to face services
No preference
Document Preparation Assistance For:
Modification of Child Support
Modification of Child Custody, etc.
Stepparent Adoption
Family Adoption
Disestablishment of Paternity
Will or Living Trust
Document Translation
Civil/ Small Claims
Early Termination of Probation
Expunge & Seal Criminal Record
Restoration of Civil Rights
Probate - Summary Administration
Brief Description of your Needs:
You acknowlege and understand that Florida legal document preparers may not offer you legal advice.*

Please enter the word that you see below.


Document Preparer Resources

FALDP Self-Help Guides

Bookstore icon

We may have just what you're looking for! We have books and ebooks about family adoption, child support, and how to prepare your answer for filing in court.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you The FALDP Docket.