The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers

Click to Call for Mobile Users - 800-515-0496

Filing Discovery

by Kirstie
(Summerfield, FL, Marion County)

I am going to be filing interrogatories and discovery requests but the clerk in Marion County doesn't know what shes supposed to do or how she's supposed to do it.

What is the protocol? Does the paperwork have to be served to the other party or can I send it certified and only have to file it with the courts?

Comments for Filing Discovery

Click here to add your own comments

Discovery Requests
by: FALDP Staff

In general discovery requests and responses to discovery requests are not filed in the court record. A Notice of Interrogatories, or a Notice of Document Request are filed with the clerk of court and copied to the other party. In general the only requirement is to send the notice and the interrogatories or document request to the other party via regular U.S. Mail. However, you can send them by certified return receipt or with delivery confirmation.

Look up Rules of Civil Procedure 1.340 Interrogatories to Parties; and 1.280 General Provisions Governing Discovery

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.