The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers 


Certification Question

by Nancy
(Roanoke, VA )


I have my Paralegal Certificate and an Associate in Applied Science. I worked as an LDA in California for a couple of years, around 2005-2007 I believe. I have been out of the profession for a long time as when I moved home to VA it is not legal (or wasn't then) to work independently as in CA. So, I work for an insurance company. I kept up my CLE for a few years but then stopped. My kids are grown almost so thinking of getting back into the profession in FL. Can I and what would it take exactly?

I really miss the work.

Thanks for your time!
Nancy Brammer

Comments for Certification Question

Click here to add your own comments

FALDP Certification
by: Staff FALDP

Hi Nancy,
The first step to FALDP Certification is to join FALDP. We allow document preparers from out of state to join us providing they have a verifiable business presence in Florida. Usually either an LLC or a corporation. After joining, those seeking certification must pass a Basic Skills & Knowledge Exam, and at least one Focus Area Exam. Also must complete at least 10 Continuing Education Units prior to renewal. The last day to renew membership is July 31. The membership fee is $75. The cost associated with FALDP Certification is $125. for certification which includes one Focus Area. And members can add on additional Focus Areas for an additional $25 each. Please call 800-515-0496 with any other questions. Thank you!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Copyright 2010-2019. All rights reserved.