The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers ~ legal document preparation services.


Emergency pro se motion

by Lena

My husband just left me and our child without any means of support. How can I file an emergency motion for support? How long does it take to get an active order for support?

Comments for Emergency pro se motion

Click here to add your own comments

Motion for Temporary Relief
by: FALDP Staff

Hi Lena,
If a petition for dissolution has been filed, either by you or your husband, you can file what's called a Motion for Temporary Relief to request child support while the divorce is pending. Look for FORM 12.947(a), on the Florida Supreme Court's site - .

If neither of you has filed a petition for dissolution of marriage, and you are not contemplating divorce, you can file a Petition for Support Unconnected with Dissolution. If that is your situation, Look for FORM 12.904(b), also on the Florida Supreme Court's site - .

Instructions for both forms are on the Supreme Court's site. This is not meant to be legal advice. and is what should be common knowledge.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Copyright 2010-2019. All rights reserved.