The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers ~ legal document preparation services.



by Crystina
(Manatee County, FL)

My ex-husband is continuously and consistently posting false information on my facebook page. I am required to be "friends" with him, as this is his only avenue of contact with the children.

During the latest incident, dated 9/16, he posted that I am a con artist, I have been fired from multiple jobs, lied in court, tried to kill him, my daughter was injured by two men while in my care, and that my son has been injured by my husband.

I would like to handle this pro se, as I have handled the custody and divorce with no problem, but I'm having a hard time finding paperwork. Can you help?

Comments for Libel

Click here to add your own comments

by: FALDP Staff

Libel is a civil tort. A law suit for damages is filed in the county where the libel occurred, or where the parties reside. The only complete defense to libel is that the words are the truth. One component of bringing a claim for libel is your damages. How were you damaged? What may be obvious to you may not be so obvious to a judge.

According to

There are certain types of statements that are automatically considered defamatory in some states. These types of statements are often called defamatory "per se" Statements that are defamatory "per se" include statements that claim that the plaintiff:

has committed a serious, notorious, or immoral crime

has an infectious or terrible disease, or

is incompetent in his job, trade, or profession.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Copyright 2010-2019. All rights reserved.