The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers ~ legal document preparation services.


Motion to Withdraw vs Charging Lien

by cynthia
(key west, florida)

I fired my attorney. He filed a charging lien. I am Pro Se. Does he still need to file a motion to withdraw if he filed a charging lien? It is my understanding that opposing counsel will not talk to me if he is still my attorney of record. Also, I have requested a bill for expenses and my file. It has been a month and I have received neither.

Comments for Motion to Withdraw vs Charging Lien

Click here to add your own comments

Notice of Pro Se Appearance
by: FALDP Staff

Yes, your attorney was supposed to have filed a Motion to Withdraw. But, since that didn't happen, one thing you can do is file a Notice of Pro Se Appearance. File it with the clerk of court and copy it to opposing counsel.

This site has some samples:

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Copyright 2010-2019. All rights reserved.