The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers ~ legal document preparation services.


out of state participation

by Brad
(Nashville TN)

If I have not received a subpoena but a notice of hearing only, may I ask for a phone hearing if I live 750 miles away if the hearing is on a motion of contempt of court filed by the spouse. The trip would cost me hundreds of dollars and endanger my job for being absent for 3 days.

Comments for out of state participation

Click here to add your own comments

Motion for Telephonic Hearing
by: Staff FALDP

Absolutely request to be heard telephonically. Your ex can object, but the judge may grant your request anyway. People in your situation often make this request. I found the pro se motion and order for the Thirteenth Circuit (Tampa) at this link:

You can retype it for your county/ circuit.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Copyright 2010-2019. All rights reserved.