The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers ~ legal document preparation services.


Pro Se filing for Legal Malpractice

by Ken
(I woirk in Tampa, live and have a permenant address in Indian River County and my attorney practices in Brevard)

I am looking for someone to draft a complaint for a pro se legal malpractice claim. I have drafted a demand letter, but it is time to move forward with filing a claim. I want to do this in Brevard County Court, as that is where my attorney practices. Can I file in my home county instead of Brevard? Is there a document preparer that can assist me with the drafting and perfecting of my complaint. I intend to do an initial claim, and then do six other claims at the maximum amount for Indian River County Fl.

Comments for Pro Se filing for Legal Malpractice

Click here to add your own comments

legal malpractice damages
by: Anonymous

I too have filed a legal malpractice claim as pro se. I now need to respond to a Motion to Strike and a Motion to dismiss based on the argument of failure to allege legal damages. Are damages required to be plead with a dollar amount or can the be plead generally to be determined through discovery and at trial?

illegal settlement
by: Anonymous

Is it legal to settle a case in Florida 45 days before the pretrial date? The statue says other wise. Can anyone answer this question?

Malpractice Complaint
by: FALDP Staff

Document preparers may not draft a complaint for you. However, many member document preparers can assist you with formatting your documents; and explaining procedure. If you have written your complaint and completed your own research many of our members are able to help. Please check the Member Directory on this site for a document preparer in your area. 800-515-0496

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Copyright 2010-2019. All rights reserved.