Annual Membership is $75.00 with opportunities for early renewal in April and May. Please remember to complete a Membership Application for our records. After receiving payment and your application, we will contact you, as a prospective member, to answer any questions you may have. All memberships renew on June 1; including memberships initiated during January. Please review our policies prior to joining. New members who join in May or April will not have to renew until June 1 of the following year.
~~ $75.00 Membership Fee ~~
New Members - Please submit a Membership Application when you submit your membership fee.
Members, please download the Member Handbook for quick reference. All information contained in the Member Handbook is published elsewhere on this site. However, this is an easy guide to your member responsibilities and benefits.
Early Renewal begins April 1 and ends May 31
When you renew, the 2017 Renewal Star is placed next to your member listing; and the 2016 Renewal Star is removed. And your listing is moved towards the top of the page. This is first come first served. The sooner you renew, the better chance you have of retaining a higher position on the page. For example, if you are the first member to renew in your home county, your listing goes to the top of the page, and stays there until a new member joins and names your home county as their home county too. New members always go to the top of the category.
Questions? Call - 800-515-0496
Premium Membership Benefits
When consumers call in we refer them to participating Members. We have no way of knowing how many referrals a member may receive. The best way to ensure you'll receive referrals to to make sure the information on the Member Directory is clear and current.
Our logo is recognized throughout Florida. Consumers can easily learn
more about FALDP members by researching the member on our site, or
calling us for more information.
Members place their business information in three geographic areas in our Membership Directory.
Premium Membership Qualifications
Minimum Credentials for membership in the Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers:
- Completing our Online Courses - INTRO & a content specific course, or;
- Two years experience preparing Florida legal documents, or;
- Two year paralegal course, or;
- A combination of related professional experience and education, and
- Above average proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Acknowledges and agrees to follow the rules set forth by the
Florida Bar Association and the Florida Supreme Court regarding UPL;
- Agrees to refrain from offering legal advice, and to refrain from representing themselves as legal experts.
The Membership Application form below must be
received, reviewed, and approved before we can process your membership.
Your membership payment must also be received prior to membership
processing. Once both have been received, and your application has been
approved, we will send you a welcome letter via email. We also try to speak to all prospective members at the time you apply for membership. Your welcome
letter includes FALDP logos for you to use in your advertising, and
instructions about how to have your information added to the Member
Directory. Please read our Membership Pledge here.
Premium Membership Policies
- Members who renew during April will pay $55. early renewal for annual membership. Members who renew during May will pay $65. early for annual membership. Members who renew on June 1 and thereafter will pay $75. for annual membership.
- FALDP holds one annual membership drive for new members and
offers membership discounts. New members can join between 1/1 and 1/31
for only $37.50. On February 1, the membership fee reverts to $75.00.
- New members who join in April or May will not need to renew their membership on June 1 of that year.
- All memberships renew on June 1. Membership fees are not pro-rated.
- Renewal notices are sent out via email, and renewal date reminders are posted on this site.
Current members who have not paid their membership renewal fee
and are unresponsive will be dropped from the membership roster in
- FALDP reserves the right to prohibit or terminate membership for cause; including but not limited to consumer complaints, price gouging, unethical business practices, illegal activity, unauthorized practice of law violations, and any other reason that may discredit this association.
- In general, members of the Florida Bar, are not suited for membership in this association.
- Retired attorneys, attorneys from other countries, and attorneys from other states who are not members of the Florida Bar are welcome to apply for membership.
- FALDP Members in good standing are specifically authorized and encouraged to display the FALDP logo in any and all of their advertising, including flyers, websites, business cards, etc.
- Document preparers who fail to renew after August 1, must remove the FALDP logo from all advertising materials immediately. The FALDP logo is a registered mark. Document preparers who display the FALDP logo and are not FALDP members in good standing are infringing on a registered mark, and are subject to liquidated damages up to $5000.
- Certain types of prospective member's prior or current business activities may cause us to research your background. Your membership application sent to us, is your authorization to conduct a background check if required.