Please remember to complete a Membership Application for our records. After receiving payment and your application, we will contact you, as a prospective member, to answer any questions you may have. At this time we only offer Premium Membership but may add another tier of membership in the future. All memberships renew on June 1.
~~ $75.00 Annual Membership ~~
Please check out our AMAZING FALDP Specials. These are available for a limited time.
Download or print your Member Handbook 2014-2015 for quick reference to important policies and procedures.
Member Handbook 2014-2015
Premium Membership Benefits
When consumer inquiries come in we refer them to participating Members.
Our logo is recognized throughout Florida. Consumers can easily learn
more about FALDP members by researching the member on our site, or
calling us for more information.
Members place their business information in three geographic areas in our Membership Directory.
Premium Membership Qualifications
Minimum Credentials for membership in the Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers:
- Completing our Online Courses - INTRO & a content specific course, or;
- Two years experience preparing Florida legal documents, or;
- Two year paralegal course, or;
- A combination of related professional experience and education,
- Acknowledges and agrees to follow the rules set forth by the
Florida Bar Association and the Florida Supreme Court regarding UPL;
- Agrees to refrain from offering legal advice, and to refrain from representing themselves as legal experts.
The Membership Application form below must be
received, reviewed, and approved before we can process your membership.
Your membership payment must also be received prior to membership
processing. Once both have been received, and your application has been
approved, we will send you a welcome letter via email. We also try to speak to all prospective members at the time you apply for membership. Your welcome
letter includes FALDP logos for you to use in your advertising, and
instructions about how to have your information added to the Member
Directory. Please read our Membership Pledge here.
Premium Membership Policies
- New members who join after April 1 will not need to renew that June 1 -- the months of April and May are free.
Current members can renew for the following year at any time prior to June 1.
- The annual fee for membership increased to $75. on June 1, 2014.
- Membership fees are not pro-rated.
- FALDP holds one annual membership drive for new members and
offers membership discounts. New members can join between 1/1 and 1/31
for only $37.50. On February 1, the membership fee reverts to $75.00.
- All memberships renew on June 1.
- Renewal notices are sent out via email, and renewal date reminders are posted on this site.
Current members who have not paid their membership renewal fee
and are unresponsive will be dropped from the membership roster in
- FALDP reserves the right to prohibit or terminate membership for cause; including but not limited to consumer complaints, price gouging, unethical business practices, illegal activity, unauthorized practice of law violations, and any other reason that may discredit this association.
- In general, members of the Florida Bar, are not suited for membership in this association.
- Retired attorneys, attorneys from other countries, and attorneys from other states who are not members of the Florida Bar are welcome to apply for membership.
- Certain types of prospective member's prior or current business activities may cause us to research your background. Your membership application sent to us, is your authorization to conduct a background check if required.
The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers