Annual Membership is $75.00 with opportunities for early renewal in April and May. Please remember to complete a Membership Application for our records. After receiving payment and your application, we will contact you, as a prospective member, to answer any questions you may have. All memberships renew on June 1; including memberships initiated during January. Please review our policies prior to joining.
~~ $75.00 Membership ~~
Members, please download the Member Handbook for quick reference. All information contained in the Member Handbook is published elsewhere on this site. However, this is an easy guide to your member responsibilities and benefits.
Premium Membership Benefits
When consumers call in we refer them to participating Members.
Our logo is recognized throughout Florida. Consumers can easily learn
more about FALDP members by researching the member on our site, or
calling us for more information.
Members place their business information in three geographic areas in our Membership Directory.
Premium Membership Qualifications
Minimum Credentials for membership in the Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers:
- Completing our Online Courses - INTRO & a content specific course, or;
- Two years experience preparing Florida legal documents, or;
- Two year paralegal course, or;
- A combination of related professional experience and education,
- Acknowledges and agrees to follow the rules set forth by the
Florida Bar Association and the Florida Supreme Court regarding UPL;
- Agrees to refrain from offering legal advice, and to refrain from representing themselves as legal experts.
The Membership Application form below must be
received, reviewed, and approved before we can process your membership.
Your membership payment must also be received prior to membership
processing. Once both have been received, and your application has been
approved, we will send you a welcome letter via email. We also try to speak to all prospective members at the time you apply for membership. Your welcome
letter includes FALDP logos for you to use in your advertising, and
instructions about how to have your information added to the Member
Directory. Please read our Membership Pledge here.
Premium Membership Policies
- Members who renew during April will pay $55. early renewal for annual membership. Members who renew during May will pay $65. early for annual membership. Members who renew on June 1 and thereafter will pay $75. for annual membership.
- FALDP holds one annual membership drive for new members and
offers membership discounts. New members can join between 1/1 and 1/31
for only $37.50. On February 1, the membership fee reverts to $75.00.
- New members who join in April or May will not need to renew their membership on June 1 of that year.
- All memberships renew on June 1. Membership fees are not pro-rated.
- Renewal notices are sent out via email, and renewal date reminders are posted on this site.
Current members who have not paid their membership renewal fee
and are unresponsive will be dropped from the membership roster in
- FALDP reserves the right to prohibit or terminate membership for cause; including but not limited to consumer complaints, price gouging, unethical business practices, illegal activity, unauthorized practice of law violations, and any other reason that may discredit this association.
- In general, members of the Florida Bar, are not suited for membership in this association.
- Retired attorneys, attorneys from other countries, and attorneys from other states who are not members of the Florida Bar are welcome to apply for membership.
- Certain types of prospective member's prior or current business activities may cause us to research your background. Your membership application sent to us, is your authorization to conduct a background check if required.