Comments for Can I represent myself as a medical expert

Click here to add your own comments

Pro Se Medical Expert
by: Lorna

Dear Blondell,
It depends. It appears that you need to be certified as a Florida medical expert in order to be an expert witness. This is a new question for this site. We welcome anyone who has more information or a better answer to post. A bill that passed in 2011 required out of state physicians to be certified as Florida medical experts before they would be allowed to testify:

Clincaladvisor.com reports that two new bills addressing malpractice reform issues have been passed by the Florida legislature.

Among the new provisions contained in HB 479 is the requirement that physicians (MDs or DOs) and dentists licensed in another state must obtain an expert witness certificate before providing expert testimony in Florida, and that experts witnesses (whether licensed in the state or those with an expert witness certificate) may be disciplined by the Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine, and Dentistry if they provide deceptive or fraudulent testimony.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to Can I represent myself as a medical expert .

Copyright 2010-2023. All rights reserved.