The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers
Our regular Annual Membership fee is $75.00. If you are a new member, please complete a Membership Application for our records. We will not be able to process your membership without your application. After receiving payment and your application, we will contact you by phone to answer any questions you may have. All memberships renew on June 1; with early membership renewal beginning April 1 and membership renewal with no penalty extending through July 31. Memberships initiated during January or February.must also renew no later than July 31 of that year.New members who join in May, April, or March will not have to renew until the following year.
We require all members to take our "Avoid UPL" online Course. New and returning members must complete the Avoid UPL! course within 30 days of joining.
NEW AND RETURNING MEMBERS:
$75.00 Membership Fee + "Avoid UPL" Course $29.00 / Pay $104.00
New Members - Please submit a Membership Application immediately when you submit your membership fee. Returning members, please submit a membership application if your membership has lapsed for more than 30 days.
The Membership Application form must be
received, reviewed, and approved before we can process your membership.
Your membership payment must also be received prior to membership
processing. Once both have been received, and your application has been
approved, we will send you a welcome package via email. We also try to speak to all prospective members at the time you apply for membership. Your welcome
letter includes FALDP logos for you to use in your advertising, and
instructions about how to have your information added to the Member
When consumers call in we refer them to participating Members. We have no way of knowing how many referrals a member may receive. The best way to ensure you'll receive referrals to to make sure the information on the Member Directory is clear and current. For call in consumers we may suggest that the consumer call 2-3 members. When consumers send us a message through one of the many forms on our site, we forward the inquiry directly to a single member.
Our logo is recognized throughout Florida. Consumers can easily learn
more about FALDP members by researching the member on our site, or
calling us for more information. Through our new FALDP Certification program, consumers will easily be able to see which members have taken the extra steps to become FALDP Certified.
Members place their business information in three counties in our Membership Directory - their home county where the Premium Member badge is displayed with their listing; and two additional (usually adjacent) counties. Members are also entitled to their own Mini-Page on our site where members can display additional information about their business, including graphics, photos, logos, and more.
Premium Membership Qualifications
Minimum Credentials for membership in the Florida Association of Legal Document Preparers:
- Completing our Online Courses - INTRO & a content specific course, or;
- Two years experience preparing Florida legal documents, or;
- Two year paralegal course, or;
- A combination of related professional experience and education, and
- Above average proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Acknowledges and agrees to follow the rules set forth by the
Florida Bar Association and the Florida Supreme Court regarding UPL;
- Agrees to refrain from offering legal advice, and to refrain from representing themselves as legal experts.
- Agrees to abide by the FALDP Pledge.
- Members who renew during April will pay $55. early renewal for annual membership. Members who renew during May will pay $65. early for annual membership. Members who renew on June 1 and thereafter will pay $75. for annual membership.
- Beginning January 2018 all FALDP members are required to take our online course "Avoid UPL". New members tuition is $29.00, and must be paid when joining. Renewing members are also required to take this course prior to July 31 or at the time of renewal.. The course is within the Members Only pages. Members who fail to take the Avoid UPL! Course may be suspended from association activities until the course is completed. Members who have paid for the Avoid UPL! Course but fail to complete the course, may be required to pay for the course again in order to renew their membership.
- FALDP holds one annual membership drive for new members and
offers membership discounts. New members can join between 1/1/2019 and 2/28/19 for only $37.50. On March 1, the membership fee reverts to $75.00. *(This is a rule change as of June 1, 2018. The membership drive period has been extended to include February, beginning in 2019).
- New members who join in March, April or May will not need to renew their membership that year.
- All memberships renew on June 1, with early membership renewal beginning on April 1, and membership renewal with no penalty extending through July 31.. Membership fees are not pro-rated.
- Renewal invoices are sent out via email, and renewal date reminders are posted on this site. Members who have not paid their membership renewal fee
and who have not made or kept payment arrangments will be dropped from the membership roster in
- FALDP reserves the right to prohibit or terminate membership for cause; including but not limited to consumer complaints, price gouging, unethical business practices, illegal activity, poor character, unauthorized practice of law violations, and any other reason that may discredit this association.
- Members of the Florida Bar are not suited for membership in this association.
- Retired attorneys, attorneys from other countries, and attorneys from other states who are not members of the Florida Bar are welcome to apply for membership.
- FALDP Members in good standing are specifically authorized and encouraged to display the FALDP logo in any and all of their advertising, including flyers, websites, business cards, etc. In fact, as of 10/13/2018, all members who have a website are required to display the FALDP logo on their site.
- Document preparers who fail to renew after August 1, must remove the FALDP logo from all advertising materials immediately. The FALDP logo is a registered mark. Document preparers who display the FALDP logo and are not FALDP members in good standing are infringing on a registered mark, and are subject to liquidated damages up to $5000.
- Certain types of prospective member's prior or current business activities may cause us to research your background. Your membership application which you submitted to us, is your authorization to conduct a background check if required.
- Submitted Membership Application
- Submitted Membership Fee
- Read the qualifications and policies posted on this page
- Renewing members - submitted an application if your information has changed.
TIP: When you renew your membership your Membership listing goes up the page on the Member Directory. For example, if you are the first to renew in your home county, your listing goes up the page all the way to the top, the second to renew will be placed underneath your listing. Placement high on the page (above the fold) is best, because some site visitors may not scroll down the page. Some site visitors may look at the first several listings, find someone to call, and stop looking. Placement on the page is important. If you are the first to renew in your home county, the only way to lose the top position is when a new member joins and chooses your home county as their home county also. In that case the new member's listing will appear at the top.
Copyright 2010-2018 ~ All rights reserved.
Follow us on Facebook!
Copyright 2010-2018. All rights reserved.