Comments for Child Relocation

Click here to add your own comments

Parental Relocation with a Minor Child
by: Staff FALDP

The form to contest a parent relocating with a child is: Motion for Civil Contempt and/ or Return of Child(ren) 12.950g. That form and other family law forms are available for free on the Florida Supreme Court's site.

Here is part of the Florida Statute:

61.13001 Parental relocation with a child.—

(e) “Relocation” means a change in the location of the principal residence of a parent or other person from his or her principal place of residence at the time of the last order establishing or modifying time-sharing, or at the time of filing the pending action to establish or modify time-sharing. The change of location must be at least 50 miles from that residence, and for at least 60 consecutive days not including a temporary absence from the principal residence for purposes of vacation, education, or the provision of health care for the child.
(a) If the parents and every other person entitled to access to or time-sharing with the child agree to the relocation of the child, they may satisfy the requirements of this section by signing a written agreement that:
1. Reflects consent to the relocation;
2. Defines an access or time-sharing schedule for the nonrelocating parent and any other persons who are entitled to access or time-sharing; and
3. Describes, if necessary, any transportation arrangements related to access or time-sharing.

Please search out the statute and read the entire statute. The above is a small part of it.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to Child Relocation.

Copyright 2010-2020. All rights reserved.