Comments for Child's Passport - Child Custody

Click here to add your own comments

Child's Passport
by: Lorna

Dear Luda,
First, I am not an attorney, and cannot give you legal advice. However, I don't think this is legal advice anyway, more practical than legal. It seems logical that an Orange County family law judge is not going to be able to order the State Department to issue a passport without the consent of the father. A judge has a lot of power, but ... It seems to me that you have two options if the father continues to refuse to cooperate. You could ask the court to find him in contempt of court for his refusal to cooperate. Or you could petition the court for sole custody of your child. Once you have sole custody, you will not need his signature on the passport application.

Following is a link to the state department, passport information:


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to Child's Passport - Child Custody.

Copyright 2010-2020. All rights reserved.