Comments for Custody of my son

Click here to add your own comments

Register the Order in Florida
by: Anonymous

First, you will need to register the order from the other state in Florida. Although each state honors and enforces court orders from other states, modifying or changing an order from another state is different. Before you can ask Florida to modify that custody order, Florida needs to accept jurisdiction. Usually, you can establish jurisdiction by showing that your son lives here, goes to school here, etc. Once Florida accepts jurisdiction then you can petition the court to modify the custody order.

We are not attorneys, and do not provide legal advice. Please consider this as a start for your research. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to Custody of my son.

Copyright 2010-2020. All rights reserved.