Comments for Elder Law

Click here to add your own comments

Elder Law help
by: Anonymous

An Irrevocable Trust, also called a "Florida Medicaid Asset Protection Trust" is an asset protection trust may be what you're looking for. We suggest that you seek legal and/or financial advice to make sure this is the right thing for you to do.

According to information we found on www.karplaw.com - "An individual, known as the trustor, creates the trust and names one or more persons, ... to manage the trust. ... He [the trustor] can retain the right to change the trustee if at any time the trustee is not managing the assets to his/her satisfaction, even though the trust remains irrevocable. The trustor is entitled to all of the income, for himself for his lifetime, and if he desires, he may also make the income available for his spouse...."

Please continue researching until you find enough information to make an informed decision; and consult professionals as you see fit. We are not attorneys and do not provide legal advice.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to Elder Law.

Copyright 2010-2022. All rights reserved.