Comments for Enforcing visitation with minor child

Click here to add your own comments

What should I do???
by: Anonymous

The father of my boys has visitation with the boys he comes and picks them up whenever he wants, my sons are 14 and 16 and it has come to the point that when he does call them to pick them up they don't want to go, their father does nothing with them but just take them shopping, he doesn't know anything about school, sports, doctors ... he doesn't email me or answer my emails he tells the boys if they don't go with him he will call the police on me what should i do?

Enforcing Visitation
by: Staff FALDP

Dear Lynn,

If it is to the point of where there is no negotiation, you can file a Motion for Civil Contempt/ Enforcement. Family Law Form, 12.960, available on the Florida Supreme Court's site - www.flcourts.org. Instructions for that form state:

"When should this form be used?

You may use this form to ask the court to enforce a prior court order or final judgment.


At the hearing, as in any other civil proceeding, you, as the moving party, will have the burden of proving the other party has not obeyed a prior court order. Once noncompliance is established, the other party will have an opportunity to show an inability to comply with the prior court order. If he or she is unable to do so, the judge may find the other party to be in contempt. If so, the judge may order appropriate sanctions to compel compliance by the other party, including jail, payment of attorneys’ fees, suit money, or costs, and coercive or compensatory fines, and may order any other relief permitted by law."

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to Enforcing visitation with minor child.

Copyright 2010-2020. All rights reserved.