Comments for Ex left the state with my son

Click here to add your own comments

Hope this helps.
by: Anonymous

It sounds like you were never married to your son's mother. And I'm hoping that your paternity was established. You might have legally established your paternity either by signing a Department of Health affidavit at the hospital when your son was born acknowledging your paternity. Or you were named by the mother as the father and have been court ordered to pay child support.

If you have not established your paternity through the courts, you can do so by filing a Petition to Determine Paternity and Related Relief. This process is like a divorce, but for people who were never married and have a child together.

If you have already established your paternity, and there is an order for child visitation in place; or an action for child visitation that is pending; you can file a Motion for Civil Contempt And/Or Return of Children, form 12.950(g). This form and other Florida family law forms approved by Florida's Supreme Court for pro se litigants can be found on the Supreme Court's website, www.flcourts.org . Instructions for that form state in part:

To initiate a civil contempt/enforcement proceeding against a ?party who has relocated with a child contrary to the requirements of a prior court order, or is otherwise not complying with a prior court order concerning relocation, or in the event there has been a relocation in violation of Section 61.13001, Florida Statutes, you must file a motion with the court explaining what the party has failed to do. This form should be typed or printed in black ink. After completing this form, you should sign it before a notary public or deputy clerk. You should then file the original with the clerk of the circuit court in the county where your case was filed and keep a copy for your records. ?

I am not an attorney, and this is not meant to be legal advice, or substitute for the advice from an attorney. I am trying only to provide some general information that may help.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to Ex left the state with my son.

Copyright 2010-2020. All rights reserved.