Comments for family law - guardianship

Click here to add your own comments

Guardianship of a Minor
by: Staff FALDP

Yes - see Florida Statute 744. The following is from the Florida Supreme Court's site - A guardian is a surrogate decision-maker appointed by the court to make either personal and/or financial decisions for a minor or for an adult with mental or physical disabilities. After adjudication, the subject of the guardianship is termed a "ward."

Florida law requires the court to appoint a guardian for minors in circumstances where the parents die or become incapacitated, or if a child receives an inheritance or proceeds of a lawsuit or insurance policy exceeding the amount allowed by statute.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to family law - guardianship.

Copyright 2010-2022. All rights reserved.