Comments for Fraudulent indigency?

Click here to add your own comments

Indigent Status
by: Sheila


On the bottom of the Application for civil Indigent status it states as follows:

"A person who knowingly provides false information to the clerk or the court in seeking a determination of indigent status under s. 57.082, F.S. commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s.775.082, F.S. or s. 775.083, F.S. I attest that the information I have provided on this application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge."

If the case is actively in litigation you could file a motion with the court alleging fraudulent indigent status. I do not know how a Judge would rule on that. You could call the clerk's office and see if you could obtain a copy of the Affidavit she filled out since you are a party to the case.

Sheila Smith
Fundamental Document Services, LLC

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to Fraudulent indigency?.

Copyright 2010-2022. All rights reserved.