Husband left but stall divorce

by Milly
(Coral Springs, FL)

Can I ask for back child support if I have never filed?

Comments for Husband left but stall divorce

Click here to add your own comments

Retroactive Child Support
by: FALDP Staff

Florida Statute 61.30 Child support guidelines; retroactive child support.—
(17) In an initial determination of child support, whether in a paternity action, dissolution of marriage action, or petition for support during the marriage, the court has discretion to award child support retroactive to the date when the parents did not reside together in the same household with the child, not to exceed a period of 24 months preceding the filing of the petition, regardless of whether that date precedes the filing of the petition.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Copyright 2010-2023. All rights reserved.