Comments for serving witness subponea

Click here to add your own comments

by: Debra F

This depends on if it is a civil or criminal summons.

48.021 Process; by whom served.—
(1) All process shall be served by the sheriff of the county where the person to be served is found, except initial nonenforceable civil process, criminal witness subpoenas, and criminal summonses may be served by a special process server appointed by the sheriff as provided for in this section or by a certified process server as provided for in ss. 48.25-48.31. Civil witness subpoenas may be served by any person authorized by rules of civil procedure.

The sheriff in the county where the person you want to serve is who you need to contact. There is a fee for the sheriff to serve the summons and you must prepare the summons yourself.

I am not a lawyer and I cannot give legal advice but I can assist you the in properly filling out the summons.

Here is my link if I can be of assistance.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to serving witness subponea.

Copyright 2010-2023. All rights reserved.