Comments for supplemental petition for relocation with minor children

Click here to add your own comments

Supplementa Petition for Relocation with Minor Child(ren)
by: Staff FALDP


Good for you for taking the time to work through the forms yourself. I'm not sure what part you're stuck on, but I'll answer some common questions. In general, the court wants a parent to have a bona fide reason to relocate the children more than 50 miles away from the other parent. The best reason is that you have an offer for employment and need to take advantage of that offer to make a better life for you and your children. The worst reason to relocate is that you are being vindictive and do not want the father to have access to the children. The petition form also allows you to request a temporary order to relocate pending a final hearing.

Read the form instructions carefully, and be sure to file all of the forms that are required to be filed along with the petition. The relocation form, family law forms - 12.950 - can be found on the Florida Supreme Court's site - www.flcourts.org. There is a petition for relocation with a dissolution of marriage; and a supplemental petition for relocation.

If you need help preparing your documents, please visit our Member Directory on this site; or call 800-515-0496.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to supplemental petition for relocation with minor children.

Copyright 2010-2021. All rights reserved.