Comments for to contest a probate matter

Click here to add your own comments

Contest Probate
by: FALDP Staff

Hi Kathy,
It appears your first step is to file an objection. You might start your research with the following statute, which is copied in part below:

733.212 Notice of administration; filing of objections.—
(1) The personal representative shall promptly serve a copy of the notice of administration on the following persons who are known to the personal representative:
(a) The decedent’s surviving spouse;
(b) Beneficiaries;
(c) The trustee of any trust described in s. 733.707(3) and each qualified beneficiary of the trust as defined in s. 736.0103(14), if each trustee is also a personal representative of the estate; and
(d) Persons who may be entitled to exempt property
in the manner provided for service of formal notice, unless served under s. 733.2123. The personal representative may similarly serve a copy of the notice on any devisees under a known prior will or heirs or others who claim or may claim an interest in the estate.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Members.

Return to to contest a probate matter.

Copyright 2010-2022. All rights reserved.